Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Windshield Wipers Thank You

This. All week. It's so magical. After I bought my lottery tickets (is that joke getting old?) I was on my way to a meeting downtown when I remembered that Arizonans don't know how to drive in the rain. They don't drive poorly necessarily, just like terrified slowpokes. So... something happened. I was going to be late due to "rain traffic" on the I-10 and I... I used the HOV lane. During the restricted hours. I didn't even have a manikin to prop up in the passenger seat. I have always known that the only way the HOV remains useful is when we all pay it the respect it deserves. But now I have become her. The Woman Who Will Render It Useless. It's the beginning of the end. And the worst part is... I was cackling. Cackling like Mother Earth when she opens the floodgates of heaven on a desert that doesn't drain well.

In unrelated news, I wasn't late.

No comments:

Post a Comment