Monday, January 9, 2012

Wanna Read my Diary

"At first I didn't know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."*

The biggest pain in moving this past week, aside from all of Aaron's whining (this is a haha joke in that the whining was all me, and was excessive) was moving all of our books into the study. First of all, I can't carry those boxes. And secondly, why was J.K. Rowling so long-winded? I need to do more biceps training.

However, unloading all of my journals was energizing. I have written 12 at this point, which either makes me awesome or a freak, or an awesome freak. As I put them on the shelf (in chronological order!!! Moving inspires organization) I flipped through and found some of the greatest sentences ever written. Sentences like:

"I had to run the 400 in the track meet Tuesday and I was really nervous, and Mom totally YELLED at me in front of people. And then she made fun of me for being dramatic."

Or:

"She can just wait until I'm on Broadway and in movies and everyone forgets about her because she's a bum even though she used to be popular in middle school."

You just can't beat it.

And then I got to wondering whether you might like to see some of my old entries. So I'm going to initiate, on a trial basis, mind you, a little blog series regarding just those. They need to see the light of day at some point before my blood pressure explodes over a fear that they were written in vain. Somewhere in the world right now, my friend Jason from high school is high-fiving everyone he sees. You're welcome, Jay. You're welcome. (I know you read it back then anyway, punk.)

We'll start this week. OH and there's a rule. DON'T JUDGE ME. Also I don't think I'll get anywhere near the past 2 years or so. That s-word is too recent. I would DIE if you found out who I have a crush on. Also I'll probably change names so as to protect the identity of people in my past who most certainly will want to be protected from, you know, journal sonnets and whatnot.





*Bridesmaids is chicken soup to my soul, and this line said in that horrible British accent is the best thing I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment